Low-emissivity hard-coated glass that provides thermal insulation with passive solar gain.
Comfort E-PS from AGC is an ideal hard-coat low-E product that combines excellent year-round energy efficiency with hard-coat durability. For homes and commercial buildings alike, Comfort E-PS saves energy costs by reflecting heat back into the room during colder months—while also allowing free solar energy into interior spaces. During warmer months, Comfort E-PS reduces direct sunlight and blocks re-radiated solar heat.
- High levels of light transmission and superior passive solar gain
- Meets stringent energy-efficiency building codes for colder regions
- Neutral, colorless appearance
- High levels of daylighting
- Excellent interior comfort as a result of high thermal insulation and a warm glass surface that eliminates “draft” sensations
- Low levels of indoor reflectivity
- Worry-free transportation, handling, stacking, and storing
- Easily processed—including tempering, laminating, and insulating
Comfort E2 is a high-performance, Low-E glass that has been engineered for year-round efficiency and comfort. In the summer, insulating glass units with Comfort E2 stop as much as 65% of re-radiated solar heat from entering the home, while the special coating reduces direct summer sun rays by as much as 13%. This reduces total heat gain, making it easier to cool the home in the summer. And Comfort E2 blocks many of the sun’s fabric-fading ultraviolet rays, which helps protect valuable carpets and upholstery. During winter, Comfort E2 allows both solar energy and visible light to enter the room, while Comfort E2’s special coating prevents much of this free solar heat—and heat generated by a furnace—from escaping.